Saturday

Inner Peace and Joy Tip: Positive Self-Image


There is Dynamic Power

In Developing a Positive Self-Image

There were three points in my life which helped me to develop a positive self-image of myself. They are 1) God loves me 2) I am Beautifully and Wonderfully Made and 3) I am a Child of God

Turning Point #1 God Loves Me
The first turning point occurred when I was attending seminary and a fellow seminarian saw me with my head held low. He whispered in my ear "God loves You!". Wow! That was the first time that I  ever heard that God loves me. At first I was shocked because of the changes that I was going through, At that point in my life, I did not love myself. If I did not love myself, I could not imagine the possibility of God Almighty loving me.

Turning Point #2 I Am Beautifully and Wonderfully Made
The second turning point in my life which helped me to grow and develop a positive self image of myself occurred  when my Auntie pulled out her Bible and found a scripture that said that God knew exactly what was going on when I was made. The scripture (paraphrased) stated that I was not made in error and the best part of all...  I was Beautifully and Wonderfully made. Wow!

Turning Point #3 I am a Child Of God
The third turning point in my life signified my positive image of myself. This turning point occurred when I read the Bible for myself  and discovered the scripture which stated (paraphrased) that once I accepted Jesus as the Son of God that I too became a child of God. Isn't this awesome! I am a Child of God not by birth nor by blood but because God said so!

Those three occurrences helped me to develop a positive self-image of myself.

Do You Have A Story To Share?

No comments:

Find textbooks at Alibris!