Tuesday

Inner Peace and Joy Tip #97: Wait

Inner Peace and Joy Daily Meditation Tip: The Book of Psalms will uplift your soul. Read Psalms chapters 31-35 for a Spirit Booster!





What does waiting have to do with Inner Peace
You may be asking "What does waiting have to do with maintaining your Inner Peace?" My answer is, I could have avoided a lot of my headaches if only I would have waited before taking action?

Here is what I mean...
Are you impulsive? Well, I am and what threatens my Inner Peace more than anything else is agreeing to do something and then later on wishing I would have just said "No". Has this ever happened to you?

Waiting Before I Speak
I can recall several times that I have been on the phone with my family and friends and during the course of our conversations they have asked me if I was able to do such and such a thing for them. It never fails, without thinking I say yes and no sooner than we hang up the phone, I realize that I acted in haste.

Lesson Learned
So after enough times of acting based on my impulses, I have learned that the best way for me to maintain my inner peace is to wait before I speak. I wait by silently counting to 10 (one thousand one, one thousand and two, one thousand and three, one thousand and four etc.) before I speak.

What happens when I silently count to 10 before I speak is I that I am able to maintain my inner peace because I have enough time to answer logically and not give an impulse answer.

More Useful Tips
Do not be eager
Peace Be Still

No comments:

Find textbooks at Alibris!