Sunday

Inner Peace and Joy Daily Tip: "Happy Mother's Day"




Mother's Day a Day of Celebration
Today is Mother's Day and it is a day worth celebrating. I am looking at my Facebook home page and I see all of the people who are on my friend's list celebrating their mother. It is a beautiful thing to know how much Mother's are appreciated and loved.

Mother's Day a Day of Mourning
The holiday Mother's Day is also a day of mourning for many people who have loss their mother due to death or have loss their child. I have many friend's who require comforting on this particular day. I usually call all of the people who I know that have loss their mother recently just to check in on them.


I loss my mother when I was 16 and for many years Mother's Day served as a constant reminder that my mother was no longer here to be celebrated. As I aged, the hurt subsided and I was able to focus on my mother's life instead of focusing on her death.

Ways you Can Celebrate Your Mother If She Has Passed
  •  Spend time celebrating your mother's memory: Instead of focusing on your mother's passing and the loss of not having her with you try focusing on the good memories that you have about her. You can get together with other family memories and share a positive memory of your mother.
  • Take a mini vacation: If you work, go to school or are around people who will be celebrating Mother's Day then you will constantly be reminded about the absence of your mother. If you are not strong enough to be around the constant reminder then you should take a mini vacation for about 3 days. The vacation will be a wonderful way just to get away from it all. When you return it should be back to business as usual because no one talks about Mother's Day after it has passed
  • You can also take flowers to the grave: If you are strong enough, you can take flowers to the grave site. This can be something that you do every year to ensure that your Mom has fresh flower's on her grave.
  • Surround yourself around positive people: It is not a good idea to be by yourself if you are still in the mourning stages. Make sure that you have family and friends around you to support and comfort you.


Focus on Things that Make You Smile
To ensure that you are able to maintain your inner peace during this Mother's Day holiday, it is going to be important for you to focus on things that make you smile about your Mother instead of things that make you cry.

  • What are some of your most memorable memories of your Mother?
  • Do people tell you that you remind them of her?
  • What were some of you mom's most famous sayings?
  • What was your mother's favorite song?
Things to Avoid
  • Sad Music
  • Tear jerker movies

When you feel yourself slipping into a state of thinking about your mom and you start to cry, try changing your thoughts back on to things that make you smile.



Mother's Day Poem: Phenomenal Woman by Maya Angelou

Phenomenal Woman

Pretty women wonder where my secret lies.
I'm not cute or built to suit a fashion model's size
But when I start to tell them,
They think I'm telling lies.

I say,
It's in the reach of my arms
The span of my hips,
The stride of my step,
The curl of my lips.

I'm a woman
Phenomenally.
Phenomenal woman,
That's me.



I walk into a room
Just as cool as you please,
And to a man,
The fellows stand or
Fall down on their knees.
Then they swarm around me,
A hive of honey bees.

I say,
It's the fire in my eyes,
And the flash of my teeth,
The swing in my waist,
And the joy in my feet.

I'm a woman
Phenomenally.
Phenomenal woman,
That's me.



Men themselves have wondered
What they see in me.
They try so much
But they can't touch
My inner mystery.

When I try to show them
They say they still can't see.
I say,
It's in the arch of my back,
The sun of my smile,
The ride of my breasts,
The grace of my style.
I'm a woman

Phenomenally.
Phenomenal woman,
That's me.

Now you understand
Just why my head's not bowed.
I don't shout or jump about
Or have to talk real loud.
When you see me passing
It ought to make you proud.

I say,
It's in the click of my heels,
The bend of my hair,
the palm of my hand,
The need of my care,
'Cause I'm a woman
Phenomenally.
Phenomenal woman,
That's me.

Maya Angelou



More Useful Tips
Take a Vacation



No comments:

Find textbooks at Alibris!