It is important that your children know their home phone number and their parent's cell phone numbers in case of an emergency. Teaching a child to memorize numbers can be challenging because children, like adults, have different ways of retaining information. I have discovered an easy and fun way to help your child memorize their telephone number. The method is by associating numbers with words.
Method: Power of Association
Associate the number with having a first name, middle name and a last name
1) The teacher ask the child to say and write their first name.
2) The teacher ask the child to say and write their middle name.
3) The teacher ask the child to say and write their last name.
The teacher will explain to the child that a phone number has a first name, middle name and a last name too.
The First name of the designated number is....777
The middle name of the designated number is...777
The last name of the designated number is... 7777
The numbers used here are examples. You should replace these numbers with your home or cell numbers.
1) The teacher then asks the child to say and write the first name of their number.
2) The teacher then asks the child to say and write the middle name of their number.
3) The teacher then asks the child to say and write the last name of their number.
In 30 minutes the child will be able to learn and recall their phone number through association. The teacher should practice this method of associating the child's name with their phone number several times daily in order for the information to stick. The teacher should ask the child:
1) What is your telephone number's first name?
2) What is your telephone number's middle name?
3) What is your telephone number's last name?
4) Finally the teacher should ask the child simply to tell you his or her telephone number.
The final method does not require you to say first, middle or last name.
- How To Attract More Of What You Want
- Teach Your Child Their Telephone Number in Less Th...
- Never Give Up
- My Favorite Dale Carnegie Quotes
- The Habits of Focus, Discipline and Consistency ca...
- 5 Sure Fire Steps to Getting What You Want When Yo...
- 30 Minute Routine That Will Condition Your Mind Fo...
- My Favorite Les Brown Quotes
- Jack Canfield's 4 Simple Steps to Success
- Ten of My Favorite Napoleon Hill Quotes
- Maya Angelou shares her insight on aging successf...
- Motivational Quotes on "Success"
- Inner Peace and Joy Tip: Read "The Magic Ladder to...
- ▼ October (13)