Sunday

Inner Peace and Joy Tip #47: Love Your Enemies

Inner Peace and Joy Daily Meditation Tip: The Book of Proverbs is loaded with wisdom nuggets. Read Proverbs 16, pull out the wisdom nuggets and apply them to your life.

I work at a group home for high risk adolescent boys and you would think that the boys would be a threat to my inner peace but they are not. It is my coworker who always seems to find fault with my work.

Well, at a meeting, I lost my temper and told my coworker how I felt about her always falsely accusing me of things. I left the meeting thinking "I am not going to speak to her again."

After meditating on my behavior, I knew that I had to change my attitude. For starters we work together and we have to communicate for the benefit of the adolescent boys.

Love Your Enemies
If I go to work and I give my coworker the cold shoulder, at that moment I am experiencing negative emotions. If I am entertaining negative emotions then I am not experiencing inner peace.

The reason why you should love your enemies is because love is a positive emotion and when you show unconditional love towards someone you are detached from negative behaviors. If you are entertaining positive emotions then at that moment you will be experiencing inner peace.

More Useful Tips:
Hold Your Peace
Tame Your Tongue
Replace Negative Thoughts with Positive Actions

No comments:

Find textbooks at Alibris!