Saturday

Inner Peace and Joy Tip #51: Fix the Problem

The Book of Proverbs is loaded with wisdom nuggets. Read Proverbs 20, pull out the wisdom nuggets and apply them to your life.




Maintaining your Inner Peace and Joy is going to require that you go back in your past and fix all of the issues that you are dealing with that are preventing you from living in a state of inner peace and joy.

For myself, I had to deal with the issue of not having a father. The problem that I had to fix was my aloft relationship with men because of my absent father. Over the years, I developed a negative view of my father and that grew into a negative view of men. This negative view has built up over many years and as a result, I never really had a lasting relationship.

I knew that if I wanted to have a lasting relationship, I was going to have to change my views. I made up my mind that I wanted to live a peaceful and joyful life and I that I could not have peace in my life as long as I was holding on to negative emotions.

Forgiveness
Forgiveness played a major role in me fixing my problem of dealing with my absent father because when you forgive you freely give up all negative emotions that you have attached to a person, place or thing and you then make room for positive, joyful emotions that you desire.

I had to forgive my absent father, my mother for whatever role that I thought that she played in my father being absent and even God. I also had to forgive myself.

What Problems From Your Past Do You Need To Fix ?
The changes that I have seen in my life were not dramatic they were very gradual. Working on maintaining your Inner Peace and Joy is not an over night thing. It is going to require patience, persistence and perseverance.

More Useful Tips
Admit Your Mistakes
Persevere
Don't be Sorry

No comments:

Find textbooks at Alibris!