Inner Peace and Joy Daily Meditation Tip: The Book of Proverbs is loaded with wisdom nuggets. Read Proverbs 18, pull out the wisdom nuggets and apply them to you life.
It Is Easy To Be Happy When Everything Is Going Well...
I was meditating on the thought that "it is easy to be happy when everything is going well but what about when things are not?
When I am full, I am plenty happy but when I am hungry it is a different story.
When I am comfortable with my weight, then I am happy but when I am overweight I look in the mirror and I do not like the person that I see.
When my money is alright, then so am I but when my money is funny there is nothing to laugh about.
When I am in a loving relationship, the world is mine but when I am single my world has fallen.
Do you get the point that I am making?
Joy vs. Happiness
There is a difference between being Happy and having Joy. Happiness is temporal and it is based on emotions, conditions and circumstances whereas Joy is a mental state of being.
You can have a joyful life once you make up your mind that you are going to be joyful regardless of what is going on in your life. After you make up your mind then you have to work at maintaining your Joy.
I had a conversation with a teenaged girl and during the course of our conversation she said to me "I love myself."
The next thing that she did was showed me the flap under her arms and then she shook each of her arms until the flap waved back and forth in the air.
She then said, I know that I am fat but I still love myself. I just need to lose weight.
I learned a valuable lesson from a teenaged girl. The lesson that I learned is that despite it all, I am going to have joy.
My joy is based on my attitude and not on if things are going good or bad.
My joy is based on my attitude and it is not conditioned on if I am full of if I am hungry.
My joy is based on my attitude and it has nothing to do with my weight. I am joyful when my weight is normal and when I am under or over weight.
My joy is based on my attitude and not on the amount of money that I have or do not have.
I am joyful when I am in a relationship and I am joyful when I am not because my joy is not something that is based on my relationship status.
Do you get the picture?
More Useful Tips:
Control Your Emotions
Be Slow To Anger
Pay Attention To Your Thoughts
- ► 2010 (108)
- Inner Peace and Joy Tip # 60: Learn From Life's Le...
- Inner Peace and Joy Tip # 59: Dress Your Best
- Inner Peace and Joy Tip # 58 : Eat Breakfast
- Inner Peace and Joy Tip # 57: Practice to Maintai...
- Inner Peace and Joy Tip #56: Be True to Yourself
- Inner Peace and Joy Tip # 55: Honest Work
- Inner Peace and Joy Tip #54 : Clear Your Mind
- Inner Peace and Joy Tip #53: Child- like Faith
- Inner Peace And Joy Tip #52: Change Your Attitude...
- Inner Peace and Joy Tip #51: Fix the Problem
- Inner Peace and Joy Tip # 50: Seek Solitude
- Inner Peace and Joy Tip #49: Be Joyful
- Inner Peace and Joy Tip #48: Three Kinds of People...
- Inner Peace and Joy Tip #47: Love Your Enemies
- Inner Peace and Joy Tip# 46 : Hold Your Peace
- Inner Peace and Joy Tip #45 : Self-Control
- Inner Peace and Joy Tip # 44: The Serenity Prayer
- Inner Peace and Joy Tip #43: Peace Be Still
- Inner Peace and Joy Tip # 42: Don't Take it Person...
- Inner Peace and Joy Tip #41: Use Wise Judgment
- ▼ October (20)