Inner Peace and Joy Daily Meditation Tip: The Book of Proverbs is loaded with wisdom nuggets. Read Proverbs 25, pull out the wisdom nuggets and apply them to your life.
A key to maintaining your inner peace and living a life full of joy is "Being True To Yourself." You can not be a fictitious person and maintain your Inner Peace.
Let Me Explain...
Case Scenario :Fake it Until You Make It
If you are pretending to be wealthy and you are not, how do you expect to have inner peace? How can expect to maintain a mental state of peace if you are living in a house or driving a car that you can not afford? How can you expect to maintain your inner peace if you never let people see the "Real You"?
When you are living a pretentious life, your inner peace is going to constantly be threatened because of the stress that you are going to face with ducking bill collectors, trying to keep up with the Jones and constantly telling lies to keep up your false image.
3 Tips on How to be True to Yourself
#1 Tell The Truth
When you are working on maintaining your Inner Peace, you should let people see the Real You. You should not be a "Great Pretender. My grandmother said it is easier to tell the truth than to tell a lie because when you tell a lie you have to work at remembering the last lie that you told so that you do not get caught up in your story telling.
#2 Know Yourself
In order to be true to yourself, you first must know Who You Are and that is going to require spending a lot of time with yourself. For starters, ask yourself questions like: "What are my likes and dislikes?
#3 Love Yourself
If you do not have a peace about who you are then it is going to be difficult for you to maintain your inner peace because you are forever going to be looking outside of yourself for the peace that is already inside of you.
Being true to yourself does not mean that you should not work on improving yourself and your circumstances rather being true to yourself is loving yourself and seeing yourself as valuable today. You have to believe that who you are makes a difference in the world and in the lives of others.
More Useful Tips
Love the skin that you are in
- ► 2010 (108)
- Inner Peace and Joy Tip # 60: Learn From Life's Le...
- Inner Peace and Joy Tip # 59: Dress Your Best
- Inner Peace and Joy Tip # 58 : Eat Breakfast
- Inner Peace and Joy Tip # 57: Practice to Maintai...
- Inner Peace and Joy Tip #56: Be True to Yourself
- Inner Peace and Joy Tip # 55: Honest Work
- Inner Peace and Joy Tip #54 : Clear Your Mind
- Inner Peace and Joy Tip #53: Child- like Faith
- Inner Peace And Joy Tip #52: Change Your Attitude...
- Inner Peace and Joy Tip #51: Fix the Problem
- Inner Peace and Joy Tip # 50: Seek Solitude
- Inner Peace and Joy Tip #49: Be Joyful
- Inner Peace and Joy Tip #48: Three Kinds of People...
- Inner Peace and Joy Tip #47: Love Your Enemies
- Inner Peace and Joy Tip# 46 : Hold Your Peace
- Inner Peace and Joy Tip #45 : Self-Control
- Inner Peace and Joy Tip # 44: The Serenity Prayer
- Inner Peace and Joy Tip #43: Peace Be Still
- Inner Peace and Joy Tip # 42: Don't Take it Person...
- Inner Peace and Joy Tip #41: Use Wise Judgment
- ▼ October (20)