Wednesday

Inner Peace and Joy Daily Tip: Free Stress Reducing Activities

Stress Management Tips







Working more than one job, raising a family, starting a new business, going to college etc. can be very stressful especially if you are juggling more than one of these activities at a time. It can be even more stressful trying to find affordable activities that you can do to relax from your busy schedule. Two activities that I do that helps me to relax and release stress are: 1) Exercise and 2) Write.





#1 Exercise

Walking is a great way to release stress and it is free. When I walk, I find parks that have beautiful scenery. I normally walk at a comfortable pace and enjoy the colors of the leaves as the season causes their leaves to change. I live in the "now" by not concentrating on all of the things that I have to do in the near future. Instead I enjoy feeling the breeze as it blows against my body and the wind as it moves across the leaves on the trees. I take time to smell the flowers and listen to the birds as they communicate as well as the other animals of nature. I use my time walking to silence my mind and listen to God to speak to me.






#2 Writing

I write as a way of releasing stress. I use to stay in the house all of the time, now I make it a point to get out. Instead of writing at home I go to places that have a beautiful backdrop. In the region that I live in, it is the lake. I use nature as my inspiration for writing. I found that staying home added to my stress because staying home can become mundane and when you are bored you can easily get depressed or irritable. When I get out of the house and interact with other people, it keeps me busy and it is very refreshing.

Although living off of limited funds can be stressful, it has advantages because it forces you to to find creative ways to enjoy life. You can still enjoy life in spite of your circumstances but you have to decide that you are not going to live a stressful life. It is possible for you to have an abundant life with limited funds, you just have to be creative and find ways to enjoy life.

No comments:

Find textbooks at Alibris!