Monday

Inner Peace and Joy Tip # 91: Just Say "Okay"

Inner Peace and Joy Daily Meditation Tip: The Book of Psalms will uplift your soul. Read Psalms chapters 6-10 for a Spirit Booster!



Have you ever lost your cool because you were trying to win an argument or convince someone that you were right and that they were wrong? How did it make you feel? I bet you probably got upset when the person stood fast on their opinion or when the person tried to contradict your opinion.

I can remember before I started practicing Inner Peace Tips, how I use to get hot-headed when someone told me that I was wrong especially when I knew that I was right. I would not stop trying to defend my position until I gathered and presented all of the facts to prove to the other person that I was right and that they were wrong. At the end of the argument, I would have a look of victory on my face and then I would say "I told you so!"

Well, when you are working on maintaining your Inner Peace you are going to have to learn how to be level headed in all situations. Remember that your state of inner peace is a calm, serene state and when you get all bent out of shape just because somebody does not agree with you then you are the loser even if you win the argument because you have lost your most valuable prize which is your "Inner Peace".

How to Win an Argument
The way that you can keep your cool when you are in a conversation and you know that the other person is wrong, is just by saying "okay". When you willingly concede, then you are not allowing yourself to be pulled into an argument. I am telling you right now, that it is not going to be easy to always concede and say "Okay" especially when you know that you are right, but with enough discipline and with the foresight that you are maintaining your Inner Peace every time that you concede to an argument, you will be able to do it.

If I were near you now, I bet I could hear you saying, "Why should I concede to an argument when I know that I am right?" Well, the reason is because it is not about who is right and who is wrong it is about maintaining your Inner Peace and when you concede and allow the other person to speak, your mental state will remain calm and peaceful.

Now, let me ask you a question, what is your motive, especially if you know for a fact that you are right and by proving the other person wrong you are just going to make that person feel bad? The reason why you should just say "Okay" when you are around a person who you know does not have all of their facts together is because you do not have to prove to anyone that you are right if it is going to cause an argument but you are responsible for maintaining your Inner Peace.

More Useful Tips
How to Discipline Yourself
Bury Your Grudges

No comments:

Find textbooks at Alibris!