Inner Peace and Joy Daily Meditation Tip: The Book of Psalms will uplift your soul. Read Psalms chapters 121-130 for a Spirit Booster!
What are Stressors ?
When you are practicing "How to Maintain your Inner Peace ", you must be able to identify what it is about yourself, people, your circumstances and places that causes you to be stressed out. Following are a few of my stressors that I have identified about myself. You are welcome to share yours.
1. Obnoxious People
2. Negative Music
5. Loud Noise
When I see the signs that I am in a stressful situation, I immediately try to remove myself from the situation. Sometimes removing yourself from out of a stressful situation is not possible. For example: If I were at work and I was around a bunch of complainers or loud noises, then I would not be able to just walk away from the situation without losing my job.
What happens when you can not remove yourself from a stressful situation?
When you can not remove yourself from your stressful situation you can still maintain your Inner Peace by focusing on something positive instead of focusing on your stressor. I would suggest that you try "Counting Sheep."
Do you remember when you were a child and your parents asked you to count sheep when it was difficult for you to go to sleep? Do you also remember that once you started counting sheep, it did not take you long to doze off.
The reason why counting sheep helped you to go to sleep was because when you counted the sheep it took your mind off of focusing on not being able to go to sleep and it helped you to focus on something else. This same principle works when you are working on maintaining your Inner Peace in a negative situation.
How to Count Sheep in a Stressful Situation
When you are in a stressful situation, you are not just going to start counting sheep out loud. Instead, you should:
1. Take a seat
2. Breath in and out slowly for about a minute.
3. Breath in and out and softly say "one"
4. Now, use your imagination and picture a sheep in as much detail as you can
5. Breath in and out and softly say "two"
6. Now, use your imagination and picture a sheep in as much detail as you can
7. Repeat the process until you count "10"
The entire process of counting and visualization should take about 15 minutes. These 15 minutes should buy you enough time to calm down and refocus on maintaining your Inner Peace.
More Useful Tips
Relax Your Muscles
- ► 2010 (108)
- Inner Peace and Joy Tip # 89 : Bury Your Grudges
- Inner Peace and Joy Tip # 88 : Play Board Games
- Inner Peace and Joy Tip # 87: Discipline
- Inner Peace and Joy Tip # 86: Count Sheep
- Inner Peace and Joy Tip # 85: Challenge Your Belie...
- Inner Peace and Joy Tip # 84: Aroma Therapy
- Inner Peace and Joy Tip # 83: Relax Your Muscles
- Inner Peace and Joy Tip # 82: Write,Journal, Blog
- Inner Peace and Joy Tip # 81 : Give and Receive
- Inner Peace and Joy Tip # 80: Notice God's Natura...
- Inner Peace and Joy Tip # 79: Change Your Perspect...
- Inner Peace and Joy Tip # 78: Patience
- Inner Peace and Joy Tip # 77: Create a Vision Boar...
- Inner Peace and Joy Tip # 76 : Drink Coffee
- ▼ December (14)