Monday

Inner Peace and Joy Tip # 30: Use Wisdom


Inner Peace and You Daily Mediation Tip: The Book of Proverbs is loaded with wisdom nuggets. Read Proverbs 30, pull out the wisdom nuggets and apply it to your life.

Wisdom is a very important part of maintaining your inner peace because when you are wise, you know that there is a time when you should respond and there is a time when you should refrain from taking action.

I have been writing and following Inner Peace and Joy tips as well as reading Proverbs daily for about 3 months. I can definitely see the positive results.

I live in metro-Atlanta and I noticed that people here have a lot of road rage. About two months ago, I was minding my own business and driving the speed limit when a lady pulled her car in the lane next to me and yelled out all sorts of vulgarities.

Without thinking clearly, I followed the lady until I caught up with her and I started screaming vulgarities back at her. We got into a screaming match and she challenged me to a fight. The decision that I made to get into a shouting match with the lady was unwise because I allowed myself to become angry and I reacted in a way that could have possibly resulted into a hazardous situation for myself and for others

A similar road rage situation occurred again today. I was cruising to work and I was doing the speed limit when a man pulled up beside me and started yelling out all sort of obscenities. Because I have been practicing maintaining a state of inner peace and joy, this time I was able to responded in wisdom and I just ignored the guy. I rationed that something has to be wrong with him if he gets that steamed up behind someone who is not going as fast as he would like them to go.

Maintaining Inner Peace is knowing what to do and what not to do and knowing when to do it and when not to do it

More Useful Information:

Learn how to tame your tongue

Know Your Triggers

Be Slow To Anger

No comments:

Find textbooks at Alibris!

Blog Archive