Saturday

Inner Peace and Joy Tip # 73 : Pray

Inner Peace and Joy Daily Meditation Tip: The Book of Psalms will uplift your soul. Read Psalms chapters 51-55 for a Spirit Booster!

"Doctor Heal Yourself" is the message that I have been telling myself these last few days. You see I have been agitated and I do not know why. It may be due to the holidays but whatever the reason, maintaining my mental state of peace has been a challenge.

Steps I Have Taken To Maintain My Inner Peace

I tried focusing on my mental garden, which is the place that I created in my mind where I go for serenity. This did not work.

I tried seeing the good in every situation, counting my blessings and counting from 1 - 10 slowly, that didn't work either.

I tried exercising, removing myself from the situation and doing positive self talk and none of those methods worked.

I even tried taking a hot bath and a massage, yet I was still irritated and my mental state of peace was still disturbed.

After I tried to do everything that I knew how to do, I realized that this challenge required more of me than I was equipped to deal with on my own. I needed help from a Higher source, I needed to pray.

My Prayers
In my prayers I have been asking God to help me to stay focused on my inner peace and to keep me calm in stressful situations.

If you have been following my blogs, then you know that I offer an array of tools that you can choose from to help you calm down and maintain your inner peace.

Prayer is one of the best tools that you can use to maintain your mental state of peace because it takes the focus off of your problems and off of your limitations and it puts the focus on to someone who is able to help you.


How Does Prayer Help?
  1. When you pray you are not focused on what you can do to help yourself but on what God can do to help you. When you believe in a power that is Higher than you, it is a relief and it takes stress off of you.
  2. Prayer also allows you to communicate and let go of what is disturbing you with the hopes that you will be heard and positive changes will be made.
What steps do you take to maintain your inner peace ?

More Useful Tips
Create Your Mental Garden
Read Your Bible

No comments:

Find textbooks at Alibris!