Wednesday

Inner Peace and Joy Tip # 71: Listen to Music

Inner Peace and Joy Daily Meditation Tip: The Book of Psalms will uplift your soul. Read Psalms chapters 41-45 for a Spirit Booster!


A great tip for helping you to calm down when you are agitated is listen to music.

I like to listen to the jazz station when I am riding home from work because instrumental sounds calms me down and it helps me to release and relax.

I also noticed that when I listen to loud music or music with negative lyrics, I have to work extra hard on maintaining my Inner Peace.

Exercise: Build A List of Calm Music
  1. Start paying attention to how the music you listen to affects your mood
  2. Check your mood before you begin listening, while you are listening and after you listen to the music
  3. Make a list of all of the music that you listen to that is calm and relaxing
  4. Upload those songs on your Ipod or make a CD

Whenever you are having a chaotic day or if you need to just release and relax, you can take a few minutes and listen to your "calm" music to regain your mental state of peace.

How do you calm down?

More Useful Tips
Count Slowly
Relax


No comments:

Find textbooks at Alibris!